Frequently Asked Questions About Upperclassmen Housing

In order to qualify for Upperclassman Housing you must meet the following requirements:

  • Completed two full semesters at a college or university.
  • Complete applicable Housing Agreement Application and be approved.
  • Maintain continuous enrollment as a full time student. For undergraduates this would be at least 12 hours and for graduate students it would be at least 9. (Mini-terms are not included)
  • Sign a current Lease Contract

To apply for Upperclassman Housing, please contact University Housing at 214-333-5455 or to attain your login credentials for the online housing application.

Second Year Students
Second year students may apply to live in Upperclassman Housing at any time. Freshman students looking to transition to Upperclassman Housing may apply in the Spring semester for the following Agreement Term. Once your application has been approved by the Housing Office, your name is placed on a Looking for Roommates List. Current residents will use this list to find replacement roommates or fill vacancies in their unit.

Current Residents
Current residents that are returning to their unit will register for housing each Agreement Term by attending a Priority Meeting in the spring semester. At the meeting they will be given the ability to re-sign a new Housing Agreement for their current unit or sign a new Housing Agreement for a different unit.

Upperclassman Housing offers a 12-month Housing Agreement for approved applicants during the academic year.

If you decide to leave Upperclassman Housing, you can either reside in the unit until the Agreement Term expires or sign off the Housing Agreement before its expiration. To sign off the Housing Agreement, you will need to schedule an appointment with Housing and have all roommates present at the meeting. You will need written consent from all the residents living in the unit to release you from the Housing Agreement. As a result of terminating the Housing Agreement before its expiration, the former resident will be charged an Early Termination fee.

Upon the end of the Agreement Term, non-returning residents (this includes residents that are graduating) must fill out an exit survey in the Housing Office and turn in their key or they will be subject to a Lost Key fine.

All residents are required to purchase a Resident Flex Plan to be used at all on-campus dining locations. This is the smallest meal plan offered. If a resident wishes to upgrade their meal plan, they can obtain a Meal Plan Upgrade Form from the Housing Office.

DBU strongly suggests that all residents purchase renter's insurance to cover any lost or damaged items. The University is not responsible for theft, damage, or loss of personal property.

Residents may decorate their Apartment/Townhome/Brownstone appropriately. Please hang wall décor with care. Extreme damage to your unit's walls could result in a fine.

Rooms may be checked for cleanliness at any point during the Agreement Term without notice. Rooms will also be checked on the day of your move-out. If you don't clean adequately, you will be liable for cleaning charges.

If you are a resident of Upperclassman Housing you are able to stay in your unit over the entire Agreement Term, including holidays.

You can submit a maintenance request to Please include your name, unit number, and request in the email.

All animals, birds, fish, insects, reptiles or other pets are not allowed in the Colonial Village Apartments, Williamsburg Village Townhomes, or Brownstones. This is to insure a safe environment for all residents.

There are no established "quiet hours", but residents are expected to keep noise at a level that cannot be heard outside of their Apartment/Townhome/Brownstone with the door closed.

The Housing Office hosts many social events throughout the year for residents to attend. Follow DBU Campus Life on Instagram @dbucampuslife to keep up with upcoming events.

For student services and accommodations, please contact the Accommodation Services Office at or call them at 214-333-5394.

Students choosing to park on campus are required to have a valid DBU parking decal. Students can register their vehicles at no cost through the DBU Campus Security office.

Residents can pick up their keys from the University Housing Office.

Rent is due on the first day of every month. Late fees will be assessed on the 4th day of each month and will accumulate each day it is not paid. If residents miss the payment period for a reasonable cause, they may fill out a Fee Waiver Request Form found in the Apartment Life Office. The completion of a Late Fee Waiver Request Form does not mean the late fees will be excused, but is subject to the Director's approval.

To see the required immunizations please visit the Health Services website.

To find out more about the growth of mold and mildew and how to prevent it in your dwelling unit, please visit DBU's Mold Information webpage.