Ed.D. in Educational Leadership – K-12 Leadership Concentration
Admission into the Ed.D. program is based upon an assessment of the candidate’s overall qualifications. International students must meet English language requirements. All applicants who meet the entrance requirements will be invited for an interview. After the interviews, names of selected applicants are forwarded to the Admissions Committee for final approval.
Contact the Ed.D. office to receive an admission packet by mail or you can begin your application process online. Your completed application should include the following:
- Application - Submitted with a non-refundable application fee of $50.
- Official Transcripts - Earned master’s degree from an accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Official Entrance Examination Score - A score at the 50th percentile or higher on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or comparable scores on the GMAT, MAT, or other selected, nationally recognized aptitude tests.
- Admission Assessment Instrument - Written statement of long-range professional and scholarly goals.
- Résumé - If applicable, a résumé that details the applicant’s employment history; one or more years of full-time employment by the applicant preferred.
- Recommendations - Designated forms from a character, professional, and academic reference.
- Teaching Certification
- Employment Letter of Support - If applicable, a letter from a full-time employer supporting the applicant’s pursuit of doctoral studies.
- FERPA Consent Form - Consent to allow Dallas Baptist University (DBU) to disclose your educational records and information contained therein to the category of entities and persons identified on the form.
- Service Records - A copy of the applicant’s professional service record.
- Admission Interview - Must be present for a personal interview during a one-day Admission Interview Event at DBU.