The major in Christian Studies is designed primarily for students planning careers in church-related vocations other than the traditional pastoral ministry.
Goals of the Christian Studies Major
- To provide Christ-centered higher education for students at the undergraduate level who are preparing for Christian ministry and/or planning to pursue graduate studies in the field.
- To provide a program designed with a well-balanced curriculum that prepares its graduates to assume positions as ministers of education, youth and children's workers, as well as other church-related ministries.
- To produce graduates who demonstrate management and church administration skills including age-group administration and leadership.
- To produce graduates with the competencies to function creatively with other professional staff and church members.
- To produce graduates with the competencies to develop programs of evangelism and outreach.