Financial Aid Forms

If you have been advised by the Office of Financial Aid to complete and submit a form you will find them listed below by year. If you do not see the requested form, please contact the Office of Financial Aid.

Beginning Fall 2022 most federal financial aid forms and appeals are available in Self-Service by logging into MyDBU.

Application for Aid for Non-Citizen Texas Residents


Complete and submit forms ONLY if you have been requested to do so by the Office of Financial Aid. When choosing a form, be sure you have selected the correct year.

Students that are residents of Texas and would like to be considered for Texas grants or loans must complete the Texas Residency Determination Form by logging into MyDBU. Awarding is initially based on 15 hours per semester for undergraduate students, 6 hours per semester for graduates, and 3 hours per semester for doctoral students. If changes need to be made, please complete the Budget/Enrollment Form by logging into MyDBU.

Petition for Dependency Override
Complete this process to be considered for an override of your dependency status on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.

Change in Circumstances Request
Complete the Change in Circumstances process to request the Office of Financial Aid to consider unique family circumstances not reflected on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Once you have completed your Financial Aid Form(s), return via one of the following methods:

Email: Scan and return as PDF file to

In Person: At the Office of Financial Aid, located on the lower level of the Mahler Student Center, between the hours of 8-6 on Monday/Tuesday, and 8-5 Wednesday-Friday.

Fax: 214-333-5586

Conventional Mail: 
Office of Financial Aid
c/o Dallas Baptist University
3000 Mountain Creek Pkwy
Dallas, TX 75211