The Accounting Concentration is designed to provide a broad understanding of the accounting industry. The Accounting Concentration introduces the graduate student to the development and analysis of financial and managerial accounting systems, emphasizes the uses of cost information, and stresses the application of financial accounting in decision making.
DBU also offers an Accelerated B.B.A./M.B.A. in Accounting Degree for qualifying undergraduate students. Graduates of this program will demonstrate competence in the foundational areas of business, possess the technical skills and knowledge in accounting, and meet the education requirements of the Texas State Board of Accountancy necessary to register for the CPA examination.
M.B.A. students must complete a minimum of 36 credit hours (core of 24 credit hours and 12 hours within chosen concentration).
Accelerated B.B.A./M.B.A. students must complete a minimum of 150-156 credit hours.
To satisfy minimum degree requirements, all single concentrations require a minimum of 36 credit hours, and dual concentrations require 48 credit hours. Students are responsible for not repeating courses waived, transferred, or previously taken.
DBU also offers an Accelerated Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree Program:
B.B.A./M.B.A. in Accounting for qualifying undergraduate students. Graduates of this program will demonstrate competence in the foundational areas of business, possess the technical skills and knowledge in accounting, and meet the education requirements of the Texas State Board of Accountancy necessary to register for the CPA examination.
Students completing the Accelerated B.B.A./M.B.A. must take each of these courses: ACCT 6330, 6335, and 6355, and six additional hours from 6343, 6345, or 6346, for a total of 15 graduate-level hours in the accounting concentration.
Retention in and Graduation From Accounting Programs:
Students must fulfill the following conditions to continue enrollment in the MBA in Accounting and Accelerated B.B.A./M.B.A. in Accounting major and graduate from the program:
- Students must maintain an overall GPA of 3.0 and a GPA of 3.0 in all accounting coursework.
- Undergraduate B.B.A. Accounting students must be advised by a full-time accounting professor before enrollment each semester.
- Graduate and Undergraduate accounting students must sign a Statement of Understanding about the accounting degree before beginning upper-level or graduate accounting coursework. The statement will be provided by the student’s advisor.
- ACCT 6321
- Managerial Accounting * (Not required of students completing the Accelerated B.B.A./M.B.A.)
- FINA 6301
- Corporate Finance *
- MANA 6302
- Quantitative Analysis for Managers *
- MANA 6310
- Leadership in Management *
- MANA 6320
- Business Ethics *
- MISM 6314
- Management Information Systems *
- MRKT 6301
- Creative Problem Solving Marketing Decisions (S-L) *
- MANA 6341
- Strategic Management Decisions (Capstone) (S-L) *
* Courses Offered Online
(S-L) = Course(s) with field-based service-learning component