Master of Business Administration
The Master of Business Administration is a 36-hour, non-thesis master’s degree which prepares graduates to be successful professionally and personally. MBA graduates become accountants, project managers, creative marketing strategists, IT professionals in business intelligence and data analytics, financial analysts, entrepreneurs, global business strategists, operational leaders, and so much more. Become a problem solver who will make a difference and impact locally and globally.
More than an Education
Learn from leaders in the business world as faculty share their best practices and lessons learned through their own perspectives and personal experiences. Professors partner with various corporate leadership teams to equip and empower students through the utilization of practical projects for competency-based development (such as critical thinking, innovation, strategic visioning, conflict resolution, internal and external communication) and application of concepts through engaging assignments. We take a practical, hands-on approach to learning by incorporating experiential projects completed with many corporate leadership partnerships in all sectors of business, both for- and not-for-profit.
Marked by Service
Gain the perspective of making decisions from a Christian worldview through every lecture, assignment, project, and engagement. Set yourself apart from others in your field by becoming a values-driven decision-maker who leads in an environment that challenges coworkers to strive for excellence to impact all that is done.
"Expect the support of a close-knit, Christ-centered community that wants to know you personally."
- Dr. Sandra Reid, Program Director
214-333-6860 | email@example.com
Our classes are led by scholar-practitioners who have years of professional experience in the field.
Dr. Tina White Potter
- Director of CRM for Charming Charlie in Houston, Texas
- Former President/Managing Partner of Retail Consulting Services, LLC
- Former Buyer for JCPenny in New York
- Former Chief of Staff for Sears in San Francisco
- Former Director of Customer Research and Insights for JCPenny in Plano, Texas
- Doctorate of Business Administration in Marketing
Dr. Kenton Keller
- President of Accelerence Executive Coaching, LLP
- Ph.D. in Leadership Studies, Dallas Baptist University
- Served as a Chief Performance Office for Buckner Children and Family Services
- Recognized as one of the top 100 Leaders at Accenture
- Chief Operating Officer and Director of Anthem Strong Families
- Managing Partner of Crossview Ventures, LLC
- Held executive positions for First Interstate Bank, PepsiCo, Swiss Bank Corporation, Heller Financial, Enron Energy Services, and TXU
Dr. David Walls
- President and CEO of Austin Industries
- Trustee of Baylor Scott & White Health Care Systems
- Co-chair of an independent commission of the American Road and Transportation Builders Association
- Ph.D. in Leadership Studies, Dallas Baptist University
- Championed multiple International HR Summits
- Built and Lead teams to Asia Pacific
- Vice President of Business Development and Engagement at Injury Management Organization
Our program provides many options for creating a custom degree to give you the most benefits to your career. Choose from one of 15 concentrations, pair your MBA with a second master’s degree, or pursue an advanced certificate to top off your diploma.
- Business Communication
- Business Innovation Strategy
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Conflict Resolution Management
- Health Care Management
- International Business
- IT and Innovation
- IT Security for Managers
- Leading the Nonprofit Organization
- Project Management
- Technology Engineering Management
Dual Master's Degrees
Pair the MBA with one of the degrees below:
- Advanced Certificate in Business Innovation Strategy
- Advanced Certificate in Entrepreneurship
- Advanced Certificate in Information Systems Management
- Advanced Certificate in International Management
- Advanced Certificate in Leading the Non-Profit Organization
- Advanced Certificate in Marketing
- Advanced Certificate in Project Management
Admission Requirements for the M.B.A.
All applicants for the DBU MBA program must meet the following criteria:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Evidence of sound moral character and compatibility with DBU’s mission.
- A likelihood for academic success as demonstrated by a GPA of 3.0 or higher. (The Master's Degree Admission Committee may take into consideration the student's performance in the last 60 hours of undergraduate course work as it reviews undergraduate performance.)
- A minimum Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score of 425.
- Five or more years of significant, substantive managerial/leadership experience that may be evidenced through resumé review, applicant interview, or employer recommendations.
- 12 hours of graduate work from an accredited institution with a grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
In addition, the Master's Degree Admission Committee will review the following criteria as it strives to take a holistic view of the applicant in order to determine the likelihood of success in the MBA program:
Applicants who meet criteria 1, 2, and 3, in combination with one of criteria 4-6, may be granted Full Admission.
The Master's Degree Admission Committee strives to take a holistic view of the applicant in order to determine the likelihood for success in the MBA program. Applicants who show potential for graduate study, but do not meet the criteria for Full Admission may be admitted for up to 12 hours under Provisional status.
The admission requirements listed above are specific to this degree program and are supplemental to the Graduate School’s requirements for Full Admission. Admission to one graduate program does not guarantee admission to another. Applicants who show potential for graduate study, but do not meet the criteria for Full Admission, may be admitted for up to 12 hours under provisional status. Students admitted under Provisional Admission will be granted Full Admission upon successful completion of 12 credit hours and fulfillment of the conditions of their admission as determined by the Master’s Degrees Admission Committee.