Master of Arts in Global Leadership and Master of Business Administration Dual Degree Program
Brent Thomason, Ph.D., M.A. in Global Leadership Program Director
Sandra Reid, Ph.D., M.B.A. Program Director
This dual degree program provides students with an integrated approach to the study of international business, cross-cultural communication dynamics, and Christian witness in a global environment. The business training and skill obtained while earning an internationally recognized educational credential provides insight into how international business can improve human well-being and support kingdom growth, while creating a career platform from which to pursue Christian ministries in a global setting.
In order to pursue a Dual Master's Degree program, the applicant must apply to, meet the existing admission requirements for, and be accepted into each of the master's degrees which comprise the dual degree program.
Note: Church Membership Requirement (for Admission into the Ed.D. in Educational Leadership—all concentrations, Ph.D. in Leadership Studies’ Ministry Concentration, Master’s Ministry Degrees, and Advanced Ministry Certificate Programs): Within the last 12 months the applicant must have been an active member of a Christian church that holds Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and who holds solely the Old Testament and the New Testament as sacred Scripture. Click for Church Membership form
Prerequisite course work must be satisfied for both degree programs.
- M.A. in Global Leadership prerequisites are 9 hours: Old Testament Survey or THEO 5307 Old Testament Literature and Interpretation; New Testament Survey or THEO 5308 New Testament Literature and Interpretation; 3000/4000 Level Religion Course or 5000/6000 Level Theology Course
- M.B.A. prerequisites are 15 hours at the 5000-level or 27 hours at the undergraduate level.
- 30 hrs
- Specialized Preparation for M.A. in Global Leadership
- 30 hrs
- Specialized Preparation M.B.A.
- 60 hrs
- Total Dual Degree
- ACCT 6321
- Managerial Accounting
- FINA 6301
- Corporate Finance
- MANA 6302
- Quantitative Analysis for Managers
- MANA 6310
- Leadership in Management
- MANA 6320
- Business Ethics
- MISM 6314
- Management Information Systems
- MRKT 6301
- Creative Problem Solving Marketing Decisions (S-L)
- MANA 6341
- Strategic Management Decisions (S-L)
And select two courses with approval of M.B.A. Academic Advisor.
Master of Arts in Global Leadership
- MACE 5302
- Biblical Servant Leadership
- MAGL 5330
- Introduction to Missiology
- MAGL 6345
- Business as Mission (S-L)
- MAWL 6303
- Spiritual Formation and Worship
- THEO 5313
- Applied Hermeneutics
- THEO 6305
- Christian History and Heritage
- THEO 6306
- Systematic Theology
- GSOM 6310
- Ministry Mentorship (S-L)
And select two courses with approval of M.A. in Global Leadership Academic Advisor.
(S-L) = Course(s) with field-based service-learning component