International Graduate Student Admissions
All applicants who are not U.S. citizens, or do not possess a permanent residence card, should file an application through the International Office (not the office of Graduate Programs). The International Office is located in the Moon International Center on the east side of the campus. The Director of the International Office may be contacted by phone at 214-333-6905 or by e-mail: email@example.com. Read more about the International Graduate Application Process.
In addition to meeting the requirements outlined in the Admission Procedures, international applicants must meet the following requirements:
- 11 To view the complete list of test score requirements and the list of those countries which are not required to prove English ability, click below.
The Intensive English Program is conducted in five 8-week terms during the year.
IEP Instruction Hours per Week Grammar Hours per Week - 4 Writing Composition Hours per Week - 4 Academic Credit Course Hours per Week - 4 Conversation Hours per Week - 3 Academic Skills Hours per Week - 2-3 Levels 1-4: 2 hours, Levels 5-6: 3 hours Lab Instruction Hours per Week - 2-3 Levels 1-4: 3 hours, Levels 5-6: 2 hours Chapel Hours per Week - 2 University Chapel in the fall and spring semesters
IEP Christian Perspectives course in summer term
Total Instruction: 26 Hours per Week
- 2 Official Transcripts
Official transcripts must be provided along with English translations to the U.S. system of grading by a recognized credential evaluation service in the U.S., if necessary.
- 3 F-1 Student Visa
An international applicant who holds an F-1 student visa is required to carry a full course of study in the fall and spring semesters. According to Immigration and Customs Enforcement regulations, a full-time load for a graduate student is nine hours. By choice, students may elect to take more hours. Submit proof of ability to meet the financial requirements while in attendance at Dallas Baptist University.
- 4 Vaccinations
1. Proof of tuberculosis testing within the last two years. This document must be dated within two years of registration at DBU.
2. Proof of meningitis vaccine within the last ten years.
- 55 DBU Housing
1. Residence Hall Application (for DBU Housing students only) – The Residence Hall Application needs to be fully completed by students who will reside in DBU Housing. Please visit the University Housing website for more information.
2. Report of Medical History (for DBU Housing students only) – Please refer to the Health Services website for complete medical requirements
International students who meet all admission requirements will be eligible for full admission to the University. All others who are approved for admission are advised to look over their admissions letters for any requirements that must be completed in their first 12 credit hours. DBU does not issue I-20s for distance learning courses.
Dallas Baptist University understands the unique characteristics of international education and recognizes the diverse background and qualifications of our prospective students. In circumstances where an applicant has received a three-year bachelor's degree from a government recognized non-US institution, DBU will consider the three-year bachelor's degree as sufficient to meet the undergraduate degree requirement needed for application to Graduate Programs.