Admission to Clinical Teaching
The following list identifies the criteria for admission to clinical teaching
- Admitted to the Educator Preparation Program.
- Maintain a minimum institutional overall Grade Point Average of 3.0 and a minimum institutional 3.0 Grade Point Average in the teaching field/academic concentration.
- Application should be made during Field Based I classes.
- Evidence of the personal qualities and characteristics desired in the "Code of Ethics and Standard Practices for Texas Educators."
- TExES practice tests (content and pedagogy and professional responsibilities) are given in the Educator Preparation Seminars. Teacher candidates must pass both TExES state tests in order to be permitted into Clinical Teaching.
Teacher Candidates will take the content and pedagogy and professional responsibilities TExES seminars during their field-based experience. Teacher candidates are not approved to take a state test until the teacher candidate has successfully passed the appropriate practice test. Teacher candidates must pass the first state test before being allowed to register for a second (different) test.
- Teacher Candidates must pass both TExES state test(s) to be permitted to clinical teach.
- Teacher Candidates must accumulate and document 200 hours of observation, including the two semesters of field-based course work.