Master of Arts in Christian Ministry and Master of Business Administration Dual Degree Program
David Smith, Ed.D., M.A. in Christian Ministry Director
Sandra Reid, Ph.D., M.B.A. Program Director
Ministry in the 21st Century affords exciting opportunities for servant leadership in a variety of business and/or ministry contexts. This dual degree program is designed for students discerning a call to serve in one of these unique vocational contexts, including business or administrative church staff positions, the non-profit sector, or entrepreneurial business or ministry endeavors on a local, national, or global scale. By offering core course competencies from both the M.A. in Christian Ministry and M.B.A. programs, students will be equipped to serve with excellence in a business and/or ministry vocation.
In order to pursue a Dual Master's Degree program, the applicant must apply to, meet the existing admission requirements for, and be accepted into each of the master's degrees which comprise the dual degree program.
Note: Church Membership Requirement (for Admission into the Ed.D. in Educational Leadership—all concentrations, Ph.D. in Leadership Studies’ Ministry Concentration, Master’s Ministry Degrees, and Advanced Ministry Certificate Programs): Within the last 12 months the applicant must have been an active member of a Christian church that holds Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and who holds solely the Old Testament and the New Testament as sacred Scripture. Click for Church Membership form
Prerequisite course work must be satisfied for both degree programs.
- M.A. in Christian Ministry prerequisites are 6 hours (Basic Old Testament and Basic New Testament).
- M.B.A. prerequisites are 15 hours at the 5000-level or 27 hours at the undergraduate level.
- 30 hrs
- Specialized Preparation for M.A. in Christian Ministry
- 30 hrs
- Specialized Preparation M.B.A.
- 60 hrs
- Total Dual Degree
- ACCT 6321
- Managerial Accounting
- FINA 6301
- Corporate Finance
- MANA 6302
- Quantitative Analysis for Managers
- MANA 6310
- Leadership in Management
- MANA 6320
- Business Ethics
- MISM 6314
- Management Information Systems
- MRKT 6301
- Creative Problem Solving Marketing Decisions (S-L)
- MANA 6341
- Strategic Management Decisions (Capstone) (S-L)
And select two courses with approval of M.B.A. Academic Advisor.
Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- MACE 5302
- Biblical Servant Leadership
- MACM 5301
- Foundations of Christian Ministry
- MACM 6309
- Shepherding in the 21st Century
- MAWL 6303
- Spiritual Formation and Worship
- THEO 5313
- Applied Hermeneutics
- THEO 6305
- Christian History and Heritage
- THEO 6306
- Systematic Theology
- GSOM 6310
- Ministry Mentorship (S-L)
And select two courses with approval of M.A. in Christian Ministry Academic Advisor.
(S-L) = Course(s) with field-based service-learning component