Master of Arts in Children's Ministry and Master of Business Administration Dual Degree Program
Shelly Melia, Ph.D., M.A. in Children‘s Ministry Program Director
Sandra Reid, Ph.D., M.B.A. Program Director
The purpose of the dual M.A. in Children's Ministry and Master of Business Administration degree program is to provide Christ-centered graduate level education to prepare servant leaders for children's ministry leadership by integrating a strong foundation in Children's Ministry and Business Administration.
This dual degree program is an attractive option for those students who have a strong desire to serve in children's ministry, but will also serve in the administration of weekday ministries, non-profit organizations, or advocacy programs for children. The M.B.A. provides the strong business foundation needed for strategic administration of all types of ministry programs, while the M.A. in Children's Ministry prepares the student for ministry specific to children and their families.
In order to pursue a Dual Master's Degree program, the applicant must apply to, meet the existing admission requirements for, and be accepted into each of the master's degrees which comprise the dual degree program.
Note: Church Membership Requirement (for Admission into the Ed.D. in Educational Leadership—all concentrations, Ph.D. in Leadership Studies’ Ministry Concentration, Master’s Ministry Degrees, and Advanced Ministry Certificate Programs): Within the last 12 months the applicant must have been an active member of a Christian church that holds Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and who holds solely the Old Testament and the New Testament as sacred Scripture. Click for Church Membership form
Prerequisite course work must be satisfied for both degree programs.
- M.A. in Children's Ministry prerequisites are 9 hours: Old Testament Survey or THEO 5307 Old Testament Literature and Interpretation; New Testament Survey or THEO 5308 New Testament Literature and Interpretation; 3000/4000 Level Religion Course or 5000/6000 Level Theology Course
- M.B.A. prerequisites are 15 hours at the 5000-level or 27 hours at the undergraduate level.
- 30 hrs
- Specialized Preparation for M.A. in Children's Ministry
- 30 hrs
- Specialized Preparation M.B.A.
- 60 hrs
- Total Dual Degree
- ACCT 6321
- Managerial Accounting
- FINA 6301
- Corporate Finance
- MANA 6302
- Quantitative Analysis for Managers
- MANA 6310
- Leadership in Management
- MANA 6320
- Business Ethics
- MISM 6314
- Management Information Systems
- MRKT 6301
- Creative Problem Solving Marketing Decisions (S-L)
- MANA 6341
- Strategic Management Decisions (Capstone) (S-L)
And select two courses with approval of M.B.A. Academic Advisor.
M.A. in Children's Ministry
- MACE 5302
- Biblical Servant Leadership
- MACH 6311
- Early Childhood Ministry
- MACH 6312
- Ministry with Children
- MAFM 6353
- Ministry to Families
- MAWL 6303
- Spiritual Formation and Worship
- THEO 5313
- Applied Hermeneutics
- THEO 6305
- Christian History and Heritage
- THEO 6306
- Systematic Theology
- GSOM 6310
- Ministry Mentorship (S-L)
Select one of the following:
(S-L) = Course(s) with field-based service-learning component