Master of Business Administration and Master of Education in Educational Leadership Dual Degree
Sandra Reid, Ph.D., M.B.A. Program Director
Deborah H. Tribble, Ph.D., M.Ed. in Educational Leadership Program Director
The Master of Business Administration and Master of Education in Educational Leadership Dual Degree is a 54-hour program. Graduates will receive a Master of Business Administration and a Master of Education. The dual degree program will be most relevant to students who want strong understanding and skills both in developing business models and in leading educational organizations effectively from an administrative perspective.
In order to pursue a Dual Master's Degree program, the applicant must apply to, meet the existing admission requirements for, and be accepted into each of the master's degrees which comprise the dual degree program.
Prerequisite course work must be satisfied for both degree programs.
- M.B.A. prerequisites are 15 hours at the 5000-level or 27 hours at the undergraduate level.
- M.Ed. in Educational Leadership prerequisites are a conferred bachelor’s degree.
Continuance in the M.Ed. in Educational Leadership program past the first 12 hours is pending submission of a satisfactory score on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Examinations® (GRE®).
A waiver of the GRE or MAT requirement may be considered if the student meets one of the following conditions:
- Earns an “A-“ or higher in each of the first four courses (12 hours) of graduate coursework in the DBU College of Education, or
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree from the DBU College of Education earned within the past five years with a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher, or
- Holds a Master’s degree from DBU.
- 24 hrs
- M.B.A. Required Curriculum
- 30 hrs
- M.Ed. in Educational Leadership Required Curriculum
- 54 hrs
- Total Dual Degree
- ACCT 6321
- Managerial Accounting
- FINA 6301
- Corporate Finance
- MANA 6302
- Quantitative Analysis for Managers
- MANA 6310
- Leadership in Management
- MANA 6320
- Business Ethics
- MISM 6314
- Management Information Systems
- MRKT 6301
- Creative Problem Solving Marketing Decisions (S-L)
- MANA 6341
- Strategic Management Decisions (Capstone) (S-L)
- EDUC 6306
- Curriculum Design and Evaluation
- EDAD 6300
- Principal Standards and Competencies
- EDUC 6302
- Research in Education (S-L)
- EDAD 6312
- School Law
- EDAD 6313
- Supervision of Instruction
- EDAD 6314
- The Principalship
- EDAD 6315
- School Finance/Business Management
- EDAD 6316
- School Personnel Administration
- EDAD 6317
- School Public Relations
- EDAD 6389
- Internship in Educational Administration (S-L)
- EDAD 6010
- Defense of Degree
- EDAD 6020
- Seminar in Educational Leadership
Two signature assessments are required for each three-hour education course.
(S-L) = Course(s) with field-based service-learning component