All applicants who have never attended a post-secondary institution or who have enrolled in any post-secondary institution, even if no credit was received, must submit a completed application for admission and the following:
- Official copies of transcripts from all colleges in which the student has enrolled. These must be submitted before a final admission evaluation can be made.
- Typewritten essay (250 words) describing why the applicant would like to attend DBU.
- College of Professional Studies students with fewer than 30 transferable credit hours must submit a final official high school transcript or GED documentation.
- A non-refundable $25 admission application fee. The fee is waived if the online application for admission is submitted.
The Application for Admission and all other required documentation should be mailed to the following address:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Dallas Baptist University
3000 Mountain Creek Parkway
Dallas, TX 75211-9299
For additional information regarding College of Professional Studies admission criteria, please refer to the undergraduate catalog.
Re-Admission of Former Students
Students previously enrolled and in good academic standing in an undergraduate degree program who wish to re-enter DBU after an absence of more than 24 months are required to submit the one-page Application for Re-Admission and new official transcripts from each college or university attended since the last enrollment at DBU. The $25 admission application fee is waived and the 250-word essay is not required.
Students who have been absent from DBU for over five years must re-submit the full Undergraduate Application for Admission, 250-word essay, and transcripts of all college/university work completed prior to and since last enrollment at DBU. The $25 admission application fee is waived for these students.
All students applying for re-admission to the University must have no outstanding financial obligation to DBU and must be current on all student loans. Students applying for re-admission to DBU must meet the current admission standards as listed in the Transfer Admission Criteria or Professional Studies Admission Criteria.
At DBU you can initially transfer an unlimited number of hours from regionally accredited four-year institutions or up to 66 hours from regionally accredited two-year colleges. No course with a grade of "D" or "F" will be accepted in transfer. Please recognize that academic advising is unofficial until an official transcript evaluation form and official degree audit have been approved by the Registrar's Office. Additionally, other guidelines may apply.
Credit by Examination
College credit can be earned in specific subject areas through the satisfactory completion of College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams and/or by satisfactory scores on tests administered by individual university departments.
Military or Corporate Training
Military or corporate training that has been recognized by the American Council of Education (ACE) is another avenue for earning college credit toward completion of a Professional Studies degree. Typically, ACE credits satisfy elective requirements, but do not apply to the 25-percent-credit-hour residency requirement.
Many students take advantage of financial aid programs to make their educational goals a reality. Financial aid is available in two forms:
Gift Aid (does not have to be repaid)
Church matching gift programs and corporate reimbursement programs
Self Aid (must be repaid)
Credit financing, payment plans and student loans
- Complete a minimum of 120 credit hours
- Complete 30 hours in residence at DBU
- Complete 30 of your last 36 hours in residence at DBU
- Fulfill a minimum of 42 upper-level hours (waived for inverted degree students)
- Minimum of 2.0 in overall GPA
- Complete a minimum of 12 residency hours in major
- Minimum of 2.0 in institutional GPA at DBU
- Minimum of 2.0 GPA in institutional major and institutional minor