College of Fine Arts | Dr. Robert ReedWritten by Sarah Edwards
- Published: October 27, 2016
- Hits: 451
Dr. Robert P. Reed
- B.A. in Biblical Education, Columbia International University
- M.A. in Communication, Spring Arbor University
- M.A. in Linguistics, University of Texas at Arlington
- M.Ed. in Higher Education, Dallas Baptist University
- M.S. in Computer Science, University of Texas at Arlington
- Ph.D. in Humanities, University of Texas at Arlington
Areas of Teaching at DBU
- Adjunct Professor of Communication
- New Media and Design
- Graduate Communication Courses
Dr. Reed is fluent in English and Spanish and has taught in these languages internationally at several universities at the graduate and undergraduate levels. His research and teaching interests include online education, intercultural education, intercultural communication, visual communication and new media, cross-cultural ministry, and linguistics.
Robert has been an administrator and online course developer, using the MOODLE LMS, since 2006. He also has developed and taught hybrid and online courses using the BlackBoard LMS.
Robert was born in Colombia to missionary parents and lived there for almost thirty years. He has served in cross-cultural ministry with Wycliffe Bible Translators and Summer Institute of Linguistics International in a variety of capacities since 1974, including 16 years in Colombia, where he taught linguistics and cross-cultural ministry, served as a linguistics consultant and editor, worked as a programmer in a computer-assisted translation project, and served in other computer-related roles.