College of Fine Arts | Dr. Robert ReedWritten by Sarah Edwards
- Published: 27 October 2016
- Hits: 52
Robert P. Reed, Ph.D.
Dr. Robert Reed
Adjunct Professor of Communication
- University of Texas at Arlington, Ph.D. in Humanities
- Spring Arbor University, M.A. in Communication
- Dallas Baptist University, M.Ed. in Higher Education
- University of Texas at Arlington, M.S. in Computer Science
- University of Texas at Arlington, M.A. in Linguistics
- Columbia International University, B.A. in Biblical Education
Robert Reed has been teaching at Dallas Baptist University since 2000 as an adjunct professor in the communication department; first, undergraduate courses in new media and design; and currently, in the graduate program in communication since its inception in 2011.
He is fluent in English and Spanish and has taught in these languages internationally at several universities at the graduate and undergraduate levels. His research and teaching interests include online education, intercultural education, intercultural communication, visual communication and new media, cross-cultural ministry, and linguistics.
Robert has been an administrator and online course developer, using the MOODLE LMS, since 2006. He also has developed and taught hybrid and online courses using the BlackBoard LMS.
Robert was born in Colombia to missionary parents and lived there for almost thirty years. He has served in cross-cultural ministry with Wycliffe Bible Translators and Summer Institute of Linguistics International in a variety of capacities since 1974, including 16 years in Colombia, where he taught linguistics and cross-cultural ministry, served as a linguistics consultant and editor, worked as a programmer in a computer-assisted translation project, and served in other computer-related roles.