Overview of the College of Christian Faith
The purpose of the Mary C. Crowley College of Christian Faith is to provide for all students of Dallas Baptist University a working knowledge of both the Old and New Testaments in order that they may have a Biblical foundation for all their life experiences; and to provide a program of study for majors and minors in Biblical Studies, Camp/Sport Leadership, Christian Studies, Intercultural Studies (Missions), and Philosophy to equip them for Christian leadership and graduate study in these fields.
Goals of the College
- To equip students with the ability to articulate a general knowledge of the Bible, including for some, a knowledge extending to the original Biblical languages.
- To produce students who will become skilled servant leaders in ministry, reflecting the spiritual values of the historic Christian faith.
- To provide a foundation of high-quality academic training for ministry, enabling students to serve as pastors, teachers, missionaries, and in other positions of Christian leadership; and enabling students to excel as graduate students at seminaries and universities in their chosen field.
- To guide students in developing a Christian theology, philosophy, and world view.
- To expose students to the premises of various world and life views that are distinctly different from the Christian perspective.
- To instill in students a commitment to a Biblically-based philosophy of Christian education, including a commitment to personal evangelism and the global mission of the church.