Financial Aid Information
Financial Aid is a very important part of financing your educational investment at DBU. The Cashier’s Office works closely with each student and the Office of Financial Aid to help you manage the financial aspects of applying for and accepting financial aid. Our goal is to make paying your balance easy!
Applying for Financial Aid
Be sure you apply for financial aid early to be considered for maximum financial aid, and then accept all of your financial aid prior to your registration each semester. For more information on completing your Financial Aid application, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 214-333-5363, or visit www.dbu.edu/financialaid.
Paying your Tuition with Financial Aid
A student whose guaranteed, accepted financial aid covers 100% of their student balance is not required to provide payment at the time of registration. Financial Aid will post to your student account following the last day to add/drop classes each semester.
A student whose financial aid covers less than 100% of their student balance is required to make payment arrangements for the difference at the time of registration. The student can either: (1) pay the difference of their balance in full or (2) visit the Online Student Account Center to set up a payment plan. The Online Student Account Center is available under the Financial Information section of WebAdvisor, or by clicking here.
Students who do not complete one of these options will be automatically placed onto a payment plan and charged appropriate payment plan fees at the time of registration.
Church Matching with an International Wire Transfer
If payments are sent as a wire transfer, international churches are required to send Church Matching gifts through Flywire. DBU also accepts Church Matching gifts in the form of a physical check. The church staff member responsible for sending the Church Matching gift will need to follow these instructions:
- 1 Complete the Church matching form at www.dbu.edu/match. Upload the official church letter signed by the pastor by clicking on "Attach File".
- 2Enter all payment, student, and payer information into the Flywire Church Matching webpage. If the bank account is in the name of the church, enter the full name of the church into both the "First name of Payer" and "Last name" fields.
- Apply for and accept financial aid prior to your registration.
- Manage your money wisely, only borrow what you need, and keep track of what you owe.
- The DBU Payment Plan can help you pay any differences in your financial aid.